Sat, Oct 28|
The Frostbite Regatta
Race your DragonFlite 95 in the high alpine at Trout Lake. Hosted by the Telluride Yacht Club.
Time & Location
Oct 28, 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM MDT
Trout Lake, Trout Lake, Colorado 81426, USA
About the event
Notice of Race
DragonFlite 95 Class
The Frostbite Regatta
October 28, 2023
Telluride Yacht Club (TYC) cordially invites you to attend the DragonFlite 95 Frostbite Regatta to be held on Trout Lake, October 28, 2023. This regatta is for DragonFlite 95 radio-controlled boats (DF95). Telluride Yacht Club is the host club and the Telluride Yacht Club DragonFlite 95 Fleet is the Organizing Authority of the Regatta.
1.1 The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The World Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) and the latest DragonFlite 95 Restricted Class Rules (DF95-RCR) as published on the www.dragonflite95.us website. This regatta is not a sanctioned DF95 Class Association event.
1.2 Sail Identification: As per the latest DF-95 RCR. The diagram provided by the DF95 USA Class Association in these class rules is advisory but remains correct and shall replace RRS, Appendix E8. The Race Committee may elect to waive sail numbers for new boats who have yet to receive their sail number assignments from the DF95 Class Association.
2. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
2.1. The Regatta is open to all DragonFlite 95 radio-controlled boats with A rigs.
2.2. We would appreciate all competitors registering at the events page via the website at www.tellurideyachtclub.org by October 28, 2023.
2.3. There will be no On-site registration.
2.4 All competitors will be required to sign a waiver of liability.
3.1. The registration entry fees are $0.00 per boat. (aka: Free)
Saturday, October 28, 2023
1:00 PM – at Trout Lake northwest parking lot: Skippers Meeting.
1:30 PM – at Trout Lake: Scheduled time of the first warning signal. Other races to follow.
No races will start after 16:30.
5. MEASUREMENTS – Measurement of boats is not required.
6. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS – The sailing instructions (SI’s) will be available on the Telluride Yacht Club website on or before October 27, 2023, and on race day.
7. VENUE – TYC is a private yacht club located in Telluride, Colorado, at P.O. Box 3235. Telluride, CO 81435. Trout Lake is managed by National Forest Service, Department of Agriculture.
7.1. Directions and other information relating to TYC are available on its website located at www.tellurideyachtclub.org.
7.2. Accommodations – There are many hotels and camping facilities in the Telluride, Trout Lake and Mountain Village area. Visit www.telluride.com for information on accommodations, restaurants, events and festivals.
7.3 Parking - All competitors are to park in the north west parking lot of Trout Lake. Parking is free of charge.
8.1. This regatta is for DF 95 Boats (A rigs).
8.2. Racing area and start lines will be announced at Skipper’s meeting.
9.1. Scoring shall follow Appendix A of the RRS, using the low point scoring system, except that there shall be one (1) throw out race for every six races completed.
9.2. Number of races scheduled will be identified in the Sailing Instructions.
10. RADIO COMMUNICATION – Except in an emergency, a skipper of a boat that is racing shall not make electronic voice or data transmissions and shall not receive voice or data communication that is not available to all boats.
11. ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY – By participating in the regatta, each boat owner, skipper and crew agree to sail and use the Eke Lake facilities at his or her own risk. To the fullest extent permitted under Colorado law, each boat owner, skipper and crew unconditionally and irrevocably release and discharges the Telluride Yacht Club, the Telluride ski resort, the Town of Mountain Village, their officers, board of directors, agents, and all other persons who assist in maintaining equipment or in organizing and/or conducting races from all claims and legal liability for personal injury, death or property damage incurred in connection with the regatta and caused by negligence.
12. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION – For additional information, please refer to the following contacts:
13.1. Event website: www.tellurideyachtclub.org.
13.3. Event Chair - Ed O’Sullivan: Ph: 970-708-2409, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE FROSTBITE REGATTA
October 28, 20231. RULES:
1.1 The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the DragonFlite 95 (DF95) Restricted Class Rules (DF95-RCR) and these sailing instructions.
1.2 The Rules for all classes are changed so that membership in a class organization is not required.
1.3 All boats shall have sail numbers complying with DF95-RCR. Sail numbers meeting class standards are encouraged. The race committee may elect to not require sail numbers for new boats yet to receive their numbers.
The regatta is open to all DF95 boats with A rigs.3. CHANGES IN SAILING INSTRUCTIONS:
Any change to the sailing instructions will be posted on the Regatta Notice Board at the Trout Lake north western parking lot bulletin board at least one hour before the first race of each day.4. SIGNALS MADE ASHORE:
4.1 Signals made ashore will be displayed from a bulletin board at the northwest parking lot at Trout Lake.5. SCHEDULE OF RACES:
5.1 Completion of one (1) race shall constitute a race.
Saturday October 28, 2023
1300-1330 Competitor’s Meeting at the northwest parking lot
1330 Warning Signal for the first seating race, additional races to
5.3 No warning signal will be given after 1630.
6. ORDER OF START OF FIRST RACE: The Order of Starts will be announced at the Competitor’s Meeting. The order of starts will be in numerical order for the first race of each day, and then at the discretion of the Race Committee thereafter.
7. RACING AREAS:
The racing area will be in the vicinity of the Trout Lake northwest parking lot.8. THE COURSES: The course will be announced before the start of each race. A number W1, W2, W3, T4, T5, T6 will be announced to indicate the course and order of marks to be rounded. 10.2.1 Windward / Leeward Courses - W - 1, 2, or 3
The course “W” will be announced by the Race Committee along with the number 1, 2 or 3
W1: Start – 1– 3 – f (“f” for Finish) W2: Start – 1– 3 – 1– 3 – f
W3: Start – 1– 3 – 1– 3 – 1– 3 – f
10.2.2 Triangle / Windward/ Leeward CoursesThe course “T” will be announced by the Race Committee along with the number 4, 5 or 6
T4: Start – 1– 2-3 – f (“f” for Finish) T5: Start – 1–2- 3 – 1– 3 – f
T6: Start – 1–2- 3 – 1– 3 – 1– 3 – f
Marks will be designated at skipper’s meeting. If employed, offset marks will be agreen ball at windward mark.9. CLASSES:
Classes are anticipated for DF95 (A rigs).10. THE START/FINISH:
10.1 The start/finish line will be designated at skipper’s meeting.11. TIME LIMITS:
11.1 We will attempt as many sequential races as time allows. No race to start after1530.12. PROTESTS AND REQUESTS FOR REDRESS:
12.1 Protest forms are available at the Trout Lake Bulletin Board.
12.2 A boat intending to file a protest for an incident occurring in the racing area shall inform the race committee of its intent to protest immediately after finishing. This changes RRS 61.
12.3 Appendix T, Arbitration shall apply.13. SCORING:
13.1 Scoring shall be the low point scoring system with one throw out for each set of six races.14. SAFETY:
14.1 A competitor who withdraws from a race or does not intend to start a race shall inform the Race Committee as soon as possible. This may be accomplished by the competitor verbally notifying the Race Committee.
14.2 The responsibility for a boat skipper’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is his/hers alone.
~~~ HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE! ! ! ~~~
Skippers MeetingTrout Lake
Warning Signal for first race and races thereafterTrout Lake
DF 95 Entry Fee$0.00Sale ended